- Monday, October 19, 2020 at 09:00 AM
OCTOBER 19TH is the last day to register to vote and have your voice heard in 2020!
In order to ensure receipt of your ballot, PLEASE REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
If you are not sure whether you are registered at the correct address, now is the time to make sure your information is up to date so that you receive your ballot when they are mailed!
Qualifications to Register to Vote
To register to vote in California, you must be:
- A United States citizen and a resident of California (for information on voters in the military or overseas, please see Military and Overseas Voters),
- 18 years old or older on Election Day,
- Not currently in state or federal prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons with a Criminal History), and
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons Subject to Conservatorship).
Qualifications to Pre-register to Vote
To pre-register to vote in California, you must:
- Be 16 or 17 years old, and
- Meet all of the other eligibility requirements to vote.
You will automatically be registered to vote on your 18th birthday.
- Tuesday, November 03, 2020 at 07:00 AM
The Official Voter Information Guide for the November 3, 2020, General Election will be available in September 2020.
Until then, we will keep you posted on any new developments in California's voting process.
On June 18th, 2020 California passed a law requiring elections officials to mail a ballot to every registered, active voter in the state ahead of the November election. This is why it is absolutely imperative to make sure your address is current on your voter registration!
On June 3, 2020, Gov. Gavin Newsom gave California counties permission to limit their in-person voting operations for the Nov. 3 election, as protection against the spread of the coronavirus — but only if they also offer three days of early voting. This means you will either be able to vote at your normal polling place, or vote at other locations starting October 31st.
Once you have received and filled out your ballot, we recommend using county-provided ballot drop-off boxes whenever possible. Your county will have dropbox locations listed on their website.
If you don't receive your ballot in late October, contact your county elections office: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/county-elections-offices/